An attorney writes about stuff she'd rather be doing: cooking, eating, wining, dining and traveling.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

This Week's Menu

So work has been pretty crazy lately - lots of getting home at 8pm and later. If I am home at a reasonable hour to make dinner, that usually means I got to the office at the butt crack of dawn and am too damn tired to make something. Long story short, we've been eating out a ton during the week.

Lawyering is really starting to get in the way of cooking. I feel like I'm losing my edge.

So, to keep me motivated during the week and to cut down on our spending so we can save for special meals out (i.e. Graham Elliot), I've decided to make a weekly menu and stick to it. I'll post the recipes and feedback that night, as well as the amount of time it took to make it.

Monday: Moroccan chicken tangine (in the slow cooker, yay!) served over quick cooking couscous

Tuesday: Maple glazed salmon and roasted yams. A little green salad on the side.

Wednesday: A little meatloaf that I made ahead of time. Sauteed veggies and a salad for a side.

Thursday: Szechwan tofu with broccoli, carrots and whatever other veggies need to be used up served over brown rice.

Friday: Most likely we will order pizza or sushi. If we stay in, I'll make tapas-style goat cheese in tomato sauce and patatas bravas and maybe some sangria in celebration of Friday.

No comments: