Mr. Foodie and I just got back from a weeklong vacay in London and Paris. A week was not enough. I wish we had two additional days in Paris. Three days in London was plenty for me - the food was awful and isn't the point of a vacation to eat and drink? I did have plenty of tasty ciders and beers in London though!
Paris was lovely. Like Italy, France has a very rich culinary history and culture. Some things we ate that were fabulous:
- Crepes filled with literally half a jar of Nutella and sliced bananas
- Escargot and pieces of bread dipped in the garlicky butter "snail sauce"
- Duck confit (duck leg cured in its own fat, then fried and generally served with pommes frites or mashed potatoes with lots of butter and cream...drool)
- Pommes frites with garlic aioli
- Brick salad, which is essentially a huge salad topped with goat cheese encased in crepes. Yum.
We had a great time, although three days in Paris was not enough to allow us to work on the language or to immerse ourselves into Parisian culture. Guess we'll just have to go back!
Instant Pot: Cinco de Mayo Must Haves!
1 day ago